Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Platinum Travel Agency – Can I pay with any Amex?

• FCP 7 posts

Hi, if I book flights via Amex Travel Platinum, can I pay with any Amex card, such as BAPP?

FCP 7 posts

Hi, Anybody know ?

Travel Strong 258 posts

Well with hotels, the amex travel page forces you to pay with platinum to get platinum benefits (FHR).
    Airline portal will be similar – you select which card you are using for the service. Does it matter for flights though? I didn’t think there were any ‘platinum’ benefits for flights, so why not just use BAPP if wanting to charge to BAPP?

Also – you can find out for yourself by going through to the last page of the checkout!

Andrew J 769 posts

Hi, Anybody know ?

Amex Travel will know if you call them to ask.

FCP 7 posts

Thanks. Itinerary cannot be booked online, as mixed classes. Call Centre was a long hold, so was hoping somebody knew.

Travel Strong 258 posts

Again – Amex Travel agency is not a “platinum” thing, you can use it with your BAPP. Is there any ‘platinum’ benefit you were hoping to get on amex travel flights that I am unaware of?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.