Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Do I earn IHG Rewards points at the time of booking?

• BillySillyWilly 20 posts

I am 650 points off Spire elite. With the weeks to the end of the year closing rapidly I’m just wondering if I can book a room and gain points now or whether or not I better just toddle off down the road and do a cheeky mattress run?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Aliks 67 posts

Mattress run should work – Stevenage next week is £42.67

Mind you, I don’t rate Spire Elite as being worth 40 quid. . .

Super Secret Stuff 357 posts

You’d have to a mattress run to get the points, points only post after the stay. A cheapo HIX should do the job. Points are ex-VAT and concerted into USD. 10 per $. Can’t remember if the welcome bonuses are qualifying points

Also, IHG have an unlabeled version of Open Table, never used it but I think it qualifies

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    dst87 264 posts

Also, IHG have an unlabeled version of Open Table, never used it but I think it qualifies

I have used this. Points post relatively quickly after meal, and do count for status.

3guk 2 posts

I wouldn’t say any of IHGs status levels are really worth doing mattress runs for tbh.

mef13 34 posts

I have a colleague who is Spire Elite and recently said they get “substantial” discounts when booking. Not sure I believe it. Any views or evidence?
    mef

BillySillyWilly 20 posts

We have a few stays next year booked so the run may be worth it. Checking on hotels in South Wales. Cheapest is £60…

Super Secret Stuff 357 posts

We have a few stays next year booked so the run may be worth it. Checking on hotels in South Wales. Cheapest is £60…

Open table for restaurant bookings where you would do it normally is your best bet then unless you actually need the hotels

Stu27 2 posts

To BillySillyWilly
    Try HIE Newport have just got 3 nights next week for £31 per night .

BillySillyWilly 20 posts

My bloody car hasn’t turned up because it’s electric! Month overdue so I’m trying to figure out the closest etc. Xmas grocery shopping at Cardiff Coryton ASDA may well be the sweet spot 😉

John 1,000 posts

Don’t you get 25000 points for becoming spire? Worth more than £40 if mattress run is the easiest option

FFoxSake 217 posts

Don’t you get 25000 points for becoming spire? Worth more than £40 if mattress run is the easiest option

Yes that’s correct.
    Definitely worth it if you are only one cheap stay away from getting it.

RonnieB 288 posts

You don’t get any discount from being Spire Elite, in fact you don’t get very much at all

RonnieB 288 posts

You don’t get any discount from being Spire Elite, in fact you don’t get very much at all

BillySillyWilly 20 posts

Yes that’s correct.
    Definitely worth it if you are only one cheap stay away from getting it.

Wow. I didn’t know that. I’m apparently 685 points off now. Not sure how it has shrunk but the car is enroute so I might take it for a run down the M4 to Newport … 😉

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.