Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Premier Account / Avios upgrade

• Mick S 271 posts

I’ve just paid the twelfth monthly fee and expecting the upgrade voucher to drop any day now. I’m unlikely to require any more vouchers going forward, so I’m looking to change the account.

Has anyone moved their current account back to the non-fee paying account and if so, did you do it in the app? Unless it’s really well buried I cannot see anywhere to make the change?

RTS 124 posts

You can do it in app, otherwise, just ask chat to do it.

Luca M 391 posts

Just to make some clarity as the way the OP wrote the post can be misinterpreted, if you qualify with the new Pay In requirement, Premier Current Account is completely free.

Avios Rewards is an add-on, one of the two pay for Rewards add-on you can choose from (the other being Blue Rewards). So you do not change the account or move the account to a free one, you simply add or remove an add-on.

So yes, you can cancel the add-on and add it again later. Not sure about the T&C on this, but other Barclays Add-on have a 6 month minimum subscription.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.