Premier Account / Avios upgrade
8th August 2022 at 13:03Mick S
I’ve just paid the twelfth monthly fee and expecting the upgrade voucher to drop any day now. I’m unlikely to require any more vouchers going forward, so I’m looking to change the account.
Has anyone moved their current account back to the non-fee paying account and if so, did you do it in the app? Unless it’s really well buried I cannot see anywhere to make the change?8th August 2022 at 18:48RTS
You can do it in app, otherwise, just ask chat to do it.9th August 2022 at 19:07Luca M
Just to make some clarity as the way the OP wrote the post can be misinterpreted, if you qualify with the new Pay In requirement, Premier Current Account is completely free.
Avios Rewards is an add-on, one of the two pay for Rewards add-on you can choose from (the other being Blue Rewards). So you do not change the account or move the account to a free one, you simply add or remove an add-on.
So yes, you can cancel the add-on and add it again later. Not sure about the T&C on this, but other Barclays Add-on have a 6 month minimum subscription.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Blair Waldorf Salad on Emirates redemption
- _aDifferentSimon_ on Chat thread – Monday 26th September
- memesweeper on Emirates redemption
- memesweeper on BA Holidays tier point run
- DJ on A bug in the Amex application algorithm
- YFP on Virgin Voyages Master Thread
- Robm on Hilton cashback questions
- memesweeper on Curve card is the worst thing to happen to the points game
- Rob Burgess on UAE Platinum Dining Credit
- Rob Burgess on Emirates redemption
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.