Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Priority Pass lounge for Heathrow Terminal 2?

• jeanlw 9 posts

Does anyone know of there is a lounge for Maex Platinum Priority Pass access?

jeanlw 9 posts

I meant Amex! Looking at the app, it doesn’t bring up any options for T2

tbtb31 75 posts

Plaza Premium. Not via PP but via Amex Platinum directly (just show your card). No windows though, so a bit of a bunker atmosphere.

tbtb31 75 posts
    ECJ 5 posts

Wish I’d checked this yesterday 🙂 I was declined entry as a PP paid member to LHR T2 yesterday. Like many other HfP readers, I’ll cancel PP.

PP should really update their lounge availability on the app. LHR T2 is still listed. At Cairo last Saturday I went the T3 lounge in the app, and it is a building site. I’ve managed to have just 7 successful PP lounge visits so far this year (membership is up in June) – I’m on about 75% rejection rate. I don’t think I’ll even upgrade to Amex Plat as it seems entry/lounge benefits with that also seems poor.

tbtb31 75 posts

Wish I’d checked this yesterday 🙂 I was declined entry as a PP paid member to LHR T2 yesterday. Like many other HfP readers, I’ll cancel PP.

PP should really update their lounge availability on the app. LHR T2 is still listed. At Cairo last Saturday I went the T3 lounge in the app, and it is a building site. I’ve managed to have just 7 successful PP lounge visits so far this year (membership is up in June) – I’m on about 75% rejection rate. I don’t think I’ll even upgrade to Amex Plat as it seems entry/lounge benefits with that also seems poor.

PP doesn’t have a lounge at LHR T2, neither on the app nor website. Plaza Premium works via Amex Platinum, not via PP, as per above.
    Cairo T3 has the following comment both on app and website:
    Note: The lounge is temporarily closed due to refurbishment works until further notice. The lounge has re-located to: Airside, 3rd Floor, Departure Hall. After Duty Free, turn right and the lounge is located at the entrance of Finger ‘G’.

tbtb31 75 posts
    ECJ 5 posts

Not in my app it doesn’t. It shows both LHR T2 and Cairo still available. It is the most updated version. I have an American account, so perhaps the app are different for UK to US. I only use the app when I’m on the road. There’s no ability to screen shot here, otherwise I would.

When I asked staff, there was no secondary lounge available despite the website saying so. If anyone goes thru Cairo recently, perhaps they can update this thread.

tbtb31 75 posts

Which app are you looking at now, the Priority Pass (PP) app or the Amex app?

The PP app shows the exact same thing as the PP website, which is no lounge at LHR T2 (https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges/united-kingdom/london-heathrow) and the note on the temporary relocation of the Cairo T3 lounge (https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges/egypt/cairo-international/cai-first-class-lounge)

The Amex app shows the exact same thing as the American Express Global Lounge collection website, showing the Plaza Premium lounge for LHR T2 (https://global.americanexpress.com/lounge-access/the-platinum-card-idc-en/LHR/Plaza-Premium-Lounge-Terminal-2A-qLXq30zi2K?locale=en-US , US website) and already has the note of the relocated Cairo T3 lounge and the name appended by “Temporary” updated (https://global.americanexpress.com/lounge-access/the-platinum-card-idc-en/CAI/First-Class-Lounge-Temporary–Terminal-3-rvq7Fh2qMB?locale=en-US – replace the “en-US” with “en-UK” for UK version).

if you have an Amex Platinum or Centurion card, always use the Amex app as it shows the lounges over and above (but also including) PP. When using the PP app or website, always log into your account first, as some PP services (such as “non-lounge experiences” such as cafes/restaurants) may not be included if you hold PP membership via Amex or another 3rd party provider.

ECJ 5 posts

Thanks for your assistance. I was using the PP app. It’s generally always logged in. I won’t be returning to Cairo any time soon, so plenty of other lounges to seek out in future via different avenues.

I don’t have current lounge access with either my US or UK Amex. I’ve not wanted to pay for a lot of the additional charges I probably won’t ever use with Platinum, but will consider upgrading. My PP fully paid year subscription runs out next month so I’ll just scrap that for sure. Thanks!

ukdoctor 20 posts

There are two types of priority pass now and the ones you get via amex have less access than the one that you pay for yourself from priority pass directly by a paid membership.

Plaza lounges ( at least in the UK ) have terminated their contract with Priority pass/ loungekey but AMEX has a direct arrangement with the plaza group

At LHR T2

If you have an Amex platinum and above then use the Amex card to get into the Plaza lounge.. Priority passes whether issued via Amex or directly by priority pass will not work

If you have a priority pass that you have paid for directly from priority pass or loungekey access then you can get a £15 restaurant credit for dining at the Big smoke taphouse and kitchen .. I have a loungekey that has free guest access and me and the missus get £30 dining credit . Inform staff when you enter and they scan your card and give you a piece of paper with your credit ..Use this against your bill after you finish eating

The priority pass issued via Amex will not work for restaurant credit .

If you have both Amex platinum and a paid for priority pass / loungekey I would suggest that you eat at the restaurant first with your PP/ loungekey and then use the Plaza . The food at the plaza is not great 🙁

kingmoose8 5 posts

I am off to Terminal 2 on Tuesday. The Amex App also shows the Lufthansa Business and Lufthansa Senator lounges available to Platinum card holders – but says you need to be booked on a Lufthansa ‘group’ flight. Does this mean another Star Alliance airline – or only Lufthansa itself?

George K 292 posts

Last time I checked, it needed to be a Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian flight. It’s not for every Star Alliance airline.

brian 84 posts

I assume there’s no wiggle room when trying to get a 3 year old into the Lufthansa Business lounge as a guest?

Looking like it’ll have to be PP as I pass through T2 on Wednesday.

ukdoctor 20 posts

I assume there’s no wiggle room when trying to get a 3 year old into the Lufthansa Business lounge as a guest?

Is it a PP that you got via Amex platinum or above or a PP that you have paid for from PP directly?

Have a look at my post above regarding PP at T2

George K 292 posts

There’s always wiggle room, but I’d say plan for the worst and hope for the best. You could be denied entry, they may ask you to pay for your toddler, or, they might just wave both of you through. My advice is to be pleasant and accept that entry is at their discretion.

And as stated above, there is no PP lounge in T2. It’s important to get that right

jek 118 posts

I think this is a case that shows we need better abbreviations sometimes. Here it is not clear if the post by @brian ment PP = Plaza Premium (my assumption) or PP = Priority Pass.

Is it a PP that you got via Amex platinum or above or a PP that you have paid for from PP directly?

Have a look at my post above regarding PP at T2

tbtb31 75 posts

No Priority Pass lounge at T2 but Plaza Premium (Plaza left the Priority Pass network a year ago or so).

As for the Lufthansa lounge – they may just let you in with a child, but officially it’s just the Amex Platinum/Centurion card holder and no guest(s). Much better food than the T2 Plaza Premium lounge, plus windows/views, but also tends to get quite busy. If you do get in, the back of the lounge is the Senator lounge (they never check) and is a bit quieter, same food though.

And it’s quite a narrow definition of “Lufthansa Group” for entry – e.g. a Eurowings (owned by Lufthansa) ticket doesn’t get you into the lounge with an Amex, just Lufthansa, Swiss and Austrian.

brian 84 posts

Sorry for the confusion above. @jek is correct.

PP = Plaza Premium in my sentence above.

Think I’ll try the Lufthansa Business lounge with little expectation with Plaza Premium as a Plan B. It’ll be myself, my 3 year old and my wife who has her supplementsry card. We’re flying to Sao Paulo with Lufthansa via Frankfurt so the only issue we should have is getting my son in.

Will be hoping to do the same in Frankfurt during our layovers too as there’s no airsdide lounge with Priority Pass access in Terminal 1.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.