Probable BA cancellation = 12 hours layover. Options?
6th July 2022 at 22:18Boltonsam
I have a business class booking for 4 from Manchester to Miami via LHR.
Looking at current availability, looks like most MAN weekend domestic flights have been dropped. I may be wrong.
For connecting to BA this would mean a 12 hour layover.
I was wondering if I can force them to reroute on another oneworld airline such as AA or aer lingus again in business class?
Thanks6th July 2022 at 22:58JDB
@Boltonsam you haven’t given a lot of detail or even said BA has cancelled a flight, but you may have a statutory entitlement to be rerouted, although that doesn’t mean you can ‘force’ BA to do anything. They are a law unto themselves and this doesn’t sound like a situation where you could justifiably buy alternative tickets and claim from BA afterwards.
You need to speak with them having researched the options and having looked at BA’s rebooking guidelines. An alternative might be to ask BA to pay the cost of a taxi/minivan to take you to LHR as others have reported.6th July 2022 at 23:16Colin MacKinnon
You got the cash, you can do anything once BA cancel – but you might lose the court battle!
Really need more info. If you are flying out in a Saturday, get an earlier flight in the Friday – or the train – and have a night out in London.
If you are coming back on the Saturday, then maybe stay Saturday night in town? Or get last flight dropped so you can collect your bags and get the train?6th July 2022 at 23:53Boltonsam
Sorry for the confusion; yes i expect Ba will be cancelling my original domestic leg- it is a Sunday where we arrive LHR at about 10am and probably will now be departing LHR at 9pm. I may ask if can go to MAN via Belfast on ba / aer lingus or just have a day in town.
I d love BA to let me fly on aer lingus direct from orlando to Manchester but can’t imagine they ll be very forthcoming.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Scottpat78 on New £300 Platinum Dining Credit July 2022
- Juan Gomez on Post new Amex statement credit offers here!
- RobH not Rob on Mr & Mrs Smith credit card redemption
- SteveJ on Chat thread – Saturday 13th August
- RobH not Rob on InterContinental Ambassador – worth it?
- slidey on Upgrades at InterContinental with Diamond + Ambassador Status
- AndyGWP on Chat thread – Saturday 13th August
- Panda Mick on Chat thread – Saturday 13th August
- VerdantBacon on Centurion Lounge: do I have to buy the flight with American Express?
- Carlos on Triggering the SUB at £3,000 and SUB £££
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.3 million of rooms to date. Click for details.