Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Qantas offer (£120 off £800 spend) pulled early?

• Charles Martel 124 posts

When this offer appeared on my ARCC I’m *sure* it had an expiry around 23 March, today it looks to have expired yesterday (9 Feb); am I losing my mind? It feels like you increasingly can’t trust an Amex offer even when “saved”.

Andrew J 769 posts

Yes it’s very strange. In the T&Cs is says 8 March still if you click on it, but it’s moved to expired offers as of today – after launching in Tuesday.

Charles Martel 124 posts

Yes it’s very strange. In the T&Cs is says 8 March still if you click on it, but it’s moved to expired offers as of today – after launching in Tuesday.

I had a webchat with Amex, they’ve said they’re not sure why its happened and have escalated. If any one was serious about using the offer it might be worth doing the same to see if they reinstate.

Harrods 120 posts

Yep same for Net-a-porter £100 off £600 spend – I redeemed and it was showing as “recently redeemed” in the app but now its disappeared. No credit either.

rum 275 posts

I have had a bunch of offers just disappear like that from my BAPP and Platinum this morning.

The Platinum is a recently upgraded Gold charge account so I am expecting some offers to disappear (like the Deliveroo ongoing offer – that one has gone now). But it’s a mystery as to what is going on with the offers on BAPP.

Andrew J 769 posts

The Qantas offer has now disappeared from my “recently expired” list and others which expired at the end of Jan are still there. It’s as if they made a complete mistake with that offer and want to erase its existence!

Charles Martel 124 posts

I have had a bunch of offers just disappear like that from my BAPP and Platinum this morning.

The Platinum is a recently upgraded Gold charge account so I am expecting some offers to disappear (like the Deliveroo ongoing offer – that one has gone now). But it’s a mystery as to what is going on with the offers on BAPP.

I understand they have to cap take up of offers but there was always the assumption that if you saved an offer, you were one of the 10,000 (or whatever) that could use it. Now it seems to be fluid, you could save an offer, place an order have the card transaction processed the next day and find the offer was withdrawn over night.

Charles Martel 124 posts

The Qantas offer has now disappeared from my “recently expired” list and others which expired at the end of Jan are still there. It’s as if they made a complete mistake with that offer and want to erase its existence!

I have a screen shot of the T&Cs if anyone needs them, I’d urge everyone to complain to Amex.

Andrew J 769 posts

I understand they have to cap take up of offers but there was always the assumption that if you saved an offer, you were one of the 10,000 (or whatever) that could use it. Now it seems to be fluid, you could save an offer, place an order have the card transaction processed the next day and find the offer was withdrawn over night.

I don’t think that’s it. I’m sure there haven’t been 10,000 people who jumped on this offer and booked in 2 days. I doubt more than a handful will in reality. And the “saved and it’s yours if you want it” rule still applies. I think for some reason Qantas or Amex pulled this offer.

Rui N. 831 posts

I’ve also have had offers dissapear from Amex lately. The only one I actually wanted to use was the BP one (I didn’t bother complaining for 10 quid), but I’ve seen others dissapear.

rum 275 posts

Looks like Amex’s IT issues are far from over…

APPL 23 posts

From the ones I remember having saved, and pretty sure they weren’t due to expire yet, Dropbox and Marriott Homes & Villas seem to have disappeared.

Rui N. 831 posts

The lesson learned is: if you plan to use an offer, take screenshots. Otherwise it might have dissaparead when you actually want to use it.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

Just looked in my app and under My Offers I get:

“Our system is not responding. Please try again later, or call Customer Service”

All is not well in Amex IT Towers!

rum 275 posts

Has anyone got in touch with Amex to ask or complain about these issues? Interested to know if there is any point…

Charles Martel 124 posts

Has anyone got in touch with Amex to ask or complain about these issues? Interested to know if there is any point…

I did via web chat, was told it would be escalated and to get back in touch in a few days.

The T&Cs from my iPhone: https://imgur.com/a/5LJqlpw

rum 275 posts

I did via web chat, was told it would be escalated and to get back in touch in a few days.

The T&Cs from my iPhone: https://imgur.com/a/5LJqlpw

Thank you!

I am on the phone to them now, but it seems that my offers have reset as of a few minutes ago – FT, Telegraph, Economist, etc have all re-appeared. I recently used the FT offer and it is now showing as redeemed.

Really appreciate you posting a screenshot of the offer & terms! Thanks again.

Charles Martel 124 posts

This offer has reappeared on my ARCC with an expiry date of 8 March (as per the original offer). If anyone was hoping to take advantage it might be worth checking your app.

Andrew J 769 posts

Oh yes, mine is back too.

Charles Martel 124 posts

If you’re buying economy it should stack with offer code TAKEOFF2AU for 10% off base fares until 25 Feb too: https://www.qantas.com/us/en/promotions/flights/take-off-to-australia.html

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.