Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Qantas offering paid lounge access by email, we are BA Silver

• ZoeB 88 posts

We are on an economy Qantas redemption from Sydney to Hobart. Qantas kindly offered us 69 dollars lounge access via email a few days ago. We are BA silver and were able to access the lounge for free and guest in our kids. Feels a bit cheeky.

Andrew J 769 posts

Would imagine it’s just a sales email sent out to everyone down the back of the plane, without a cross-reference to any status held be those passengers or their party.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,072 posts

I can’t tell you how many “upgrade your flight” emails I’ve had from BA despite already being in the highest cabin on the plane and being god.

AJA 1,070 posts

I can’t tell you how many “upgrade your flight” emails I’ve had from BA despite already being in the highest cabin on the plane and being god.

I love that typo. There’s just no pleasing you. I’m surprised with that position you’re not a Premier card holder. 😉

drdan 96 posts

Ok…so I’m silver, I have booked avios business domestics with Qantas.

I downloaded the Qantas app, didn’t sign in/up but stayed a guest and used my BA booking reference to MMB in the Qantas app…it recognized my status…worth a try and I sorted my seats when I couldn’t sort in the BA app.

NorthernLass 7,568 posts

I’m BA Silver but QR website doesn’t recognise it so I’ve had to go via chat to select seats on both my recently-made award bookings. They’re both in economy so I wanted to nab the exit rows before they went. I am looking forward to trying the lounges at DXB and DOH on status!

Danny 11 posts

I have just completed my flights from Amsterdam to Phuket via Doha with Qatar; economy reward flights booked via Qatar website as both the number of miles and fees/charges were lower than on BA. I have silver status with BA and Burgundy with Qatar.

After booking I called the Qatar UK number; 0330 912 7415. They attached my BA status on the booking and I was able to choose seats for free. On the Qatar website if you click on the E-ticket numbers, it will say silver, but you can’t see the BAEC number. You can double check this via MMB on Finnair website that your BAEC is attached to the Qatar booking but do not attempt to make any changes as it will wipe off all your seat selections and you have to call Qatar again!

I was a bit apprehensive but Qatar staff assured that my BAEC is in their system and not to worry about lounge access as their staff can see it!

Once we have checked in online, all the paper boarding passes have Qatar’s FF number. If you have downloaded your boarding pass on your phone, you can check the pass details and it should indicate Qatar’s FF number with Sapphire at end (oneworld equivalent to BA silver). I suspect if you only travel with hand luggage, you can show this at third party lounges like the one Qatar uses in Amsterdam.

When we checked in luggage at the counter in Amsterdam, staff confirmed my BA status on the system and reprinted the boarding passes that showed the BAEC number.

The same process at Phuket but they printed the lounge invites of everyone on the flight with status in advance! By the way although the lounge at Phuket is a bit small but the service, drinks and particularly food were very good.

Andrew J 769 posts

I’m BA Silver but QR website doesn’t recognise it so I’ve had to go via chat to select seats on both my recently-made award bookings. They’re both in economy so I wanted to nab the exit rows before they went. I am looking forward to trying the lounges at DXB and DOH on status!

I’m not sure there’s much of a lounge available for you at DXB.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.