Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Qatar Airways seat upgrade prices

• Maples 188 posts

So my GF has been offered an upgrade in the second half of her trip leaving from Doha. It’s a 4:45 flight but probs 4:15-4:30 in reality.

She got an email for a £247 upgrade to business class or 27.4K Avios (not doing this). She wants to try business class out and is wondering if she can get the same offer at the airport on the day or if she should just upgrade online.

NorthernLass 7,581 posts

Where is the flight to? Value depends a lot on how long the journey is.

Maples 188 posts

It’s Doha to Kathmandu. Not sure if Q suites are in that route.

NorthernLass 7,581 posts

I’ve just realised that was the flight duration you posted, not the departure time, lol! That sounds a decent cash price, tbh. Is it day or night – will GF be trying to sleep and would business class help with this? You could always check how full the cabin is – I think it’s Expert Flyer where you can do this?

JDB 4,374 posts

It’s Doha to Kathmandu. Not sure if Q suites are in that route.

Whether it’s Q suites or not, and day or night, business will be a thoroughly more enjoyable experience in every respect, so it depends how much value you or your gf attribute to that. Sounds like a good deal for a flight of that duration, the danger of course being that she will most likely wish to repeat the experience.

Maples 188 posts

She’s likely be awake and just wants to try it out. I guess £247 isn’t that bad at this point!

gtellez 162 posts

It is a good price for QR. My mum was offered an upgrade from Doha to Nairobi at 300 euros (more or less the same flying time), took it and then on the way back it was a bit more than 400 euros (took it too). However for the Madrid-Doha the offer was for almost 700 euros for a 6.5h flight (didn’t take it). The prices changed a bit the days before checkin; she finally accepted it like 2-3 days before the flight.

yonasl 954 posts

Do you get the extra Avios and TPS for these upgrades?

Maples 188 posts

I’m not sure.

gtellez 162 posts

Do you get the extra Avios and TPS for these upgrades?

In the example I shared before, for the outbound she got avios and TP as economy because she credited the flight to QR (using an offer that appeared few months ago to get 5k extra avios after the first flight). Then she (well I did for her) changed the frequent flyer number to Iberia and got avios and TP as business.

AJ92 8 posts

It’s a good price for both cash or avios. Go for it if you have the money.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.