Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Qatar connecting two PNRs at the airport?

• krautboy 52 posts

Hi,

maybe you can advise.

We are planning on traveling to to Singapore and would like to use airmiles to do so.

Currently booked via BA Exec Club: MAN – Doha
    Other booking we are looking at doing is Doha – Singapore also with Qatar, can book either with Qatar directly or also on BA.

Problem we have is, that BA does not allow the second segment (Doha – Singapore) on to the same booking.

So we would have two booking confirmations.

Our issue is, that the travel is during the world cup and we dont want to enter Qatar (need a Football ticket and Hayya Card ($140 pp) to enter. Flights from MAN are now booked out for the 18th, so cant even get that on Qatar directly.

SO if i were to book the flights separately, what are the changes the airline staff put my luggage all the way through to Singapore and me not having to leave the boarding area?

Thanks

SamG 1,640 posts

Qatar have been very good about sending bags to other airlines for me in the past, so I can’t see this being a problem at all to send on their own flight. The current Qatar “transit without visa” rules just state that you need a confirmed onward ticket which you have and I don’t see why this would change during the WC

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.