Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Qatar flights to Asia – BAEC or Privilege club

• Scottpat78 243 posts

I’m headed to Philippines in March 2023. Got flights booked with QSuite, and have used my BAEC account in the booking.

From what I read, I only receive 150% Avios, whereas if I credit to Privilege Club I believe I would receive 250% Avios.

I’m assuming I stick with the BAEC since that’s the only way I will earn the 560 TP – is that correct?

polly 289 posts

Yep, stick with BAEC, get those precious 560 TPs, and then reach for silver soon as.

BJ 657 posts

Alaska MP might also work for you if you fly to SE Asia often and want to use the 42,500 CX business reward between Europe and HKG or vice versa. 300% IIRC but double check on wheretocredit if of interest.

Scottpat78 243 posts

Thanks both.

I hit gold with a trip to Seattle next month, so already planning my gold retain strategy for next year (BAEC year ends Feb 2023).

I don’t do Asia often, 1 trip a year max. It’s all US and AUS – US I get to pick carriers and AUS have to use an Etihad route deal via corporate travel agent.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.