Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Qatar Online Check in – opening inconsistencies?

• BajiNahid 167 posts

I wonder if anyone that has flown with Qatar ever had problems checking in online 48 hours before departure? I fly out on Wednesday and check in should have been open 48 hours prior to departure but it wont allow me to check in for the flight. Sometimes it will allow me to check in 48 hours before departures but sometimes I have had bookings where it would allow me to check-in 24 hours or less before departure.

Would appreciate any feedback or experiences with online check-in inconsistencies with Qatar

WaynedP 258 posts

Yup, had this myself within the last week.

App notification reminded me 48 hr check-in open but little yellow squares with black text noting “Error: not eligible for online check-in” beside both my wife and my name listing.

Tried website but no dice.

Left it overnight to see if it fixed itself, but again no dice.

Eventually, sometime between 24 hours and the online check-in window closing at T-90 minutes (can’t remember exactly when) I reviewed my passenger info details to see if anything was missing.

It all seemed fine to me, including passport numbers etc, only thing blank was “Emergency contact details”, so I took a chance and put in my son’s details.

Then, strangely (and this happened both for me and my wife’s record of pax details) when I tried to move on with Next button, it refused to allow me to navigate away, giving instead a red text message above the Nationality field saying required information missing. Of course that detail *had* been there and populated the first time I checked.

So I re-populated the Nationality field for both records and once I’d navigated away and re-ransomed my life away agreeing to all the T&Cs miraculously I was able to check in online.

I’ve no idea whether entering emergency contact details made any difference or whether just by checking the details it triggered some required re-entering of Nationality details due to an IT bug, so who knows, but got there in the end.

Bag drop-off and BP issuing at OSL was quick and painless (in J queue) so not checking in online beforehand would probably not have been a big deal in any case.

BajiNahid 167 posts

Yup, had this myself within the last week.

App notification reminded me 48 hr check-in open but little yellow squares with black text noting “Error: not eligible for online check-in” beside both my wife and my name listing.

Tried website but no dice.

Left it overnight to see if it fixed itself, but again no dice.

Eventually, sometime between 24 hours and the online check-in window closing at T-90 minutes (can’t remember exactly when) I reviewed my passenger info details to see if anything was missing.

It all seemed fine to me, including passport numbers etc, only thing blank was “Emergency contact details”, so I took a chance and put in my son’s details.

Then, strangely (and this happened both for me and my wife’s record of pax details) when I tried to move on with Next button, it refused to allow me to navigate away, giving instead a red text message above the Nationality field saying required information missing. Of course that detail *had* been there and populated the first time I checked.

So I re-populated the Nationality field for both records and once I’d navigated away and re-ransomed my life away agreeing to all the T&Cs miraculously I was able to check in online.

I’ve no idea whether entering emergency contact details made any difference or whether just by checking the details it triggered some required re-entering of Nationality details due to an IT bug, so who knows, but got there in the end.

Bag drop-off and BP issuing at OSL was quick and painless (in J queue) so not checking in online beforehand would probably not have been a big deal in any case.

Yes this is exactly the issue, not sure if its related to the data population fields however you are right that within 48 hours check in opens however it does not exactly have a time per say. Ah well it must be like you said, an IT issue

WaynedP 258 posts

Follow up:

Same issue for my return journey.

Tried same trick, this time much closer to T-48hrs.

Same IT glitch had blanked out “Nationality” field for passenger API despite my having provided on several previous occasions and it all being logged in my account details.

But didn’t work until T-48hrs had passed for the second leg journey outbound from Doha.

Another quirk to bear in mind until they fix this particular glitch.

On the plus side, our multi-city itinerary means we will have enjoyed QSuite on 777 twice and the alternative J class config on both 787 Dreamliner and Airbus A350 👍

John 1,000 posts

But didn’t work until T-48hrs had passed for the second leg journey outbound from Doha.

Might this be intentional?

BJ 657 posts

Qatar OLCI opening times varies by destination and it should surprise nobody that their IT & communication is not up to the task of managing this smoothly.

WaynedP 258 posts

Possibly.

I understand though that BA adopt the opposite approach for long haul flights attached to a starting regional flight to LHR.

BJ 657 posts

Possibly.

I understand though that BA adopt the opposite approach for long haul flights attached to a starting regional flight to LHR.

Yes, that’s the way it works for B-BA fliggts but if it involves BA-Partner result can be different requiring OLCI at different times and via different partner sites in some cases such as our recent EDI-LHR-HEL-BKK flight.

BajiNahid 167 posts

Nearly a year later and still the same blooming issue! Flight is tomorrow and less than 48 hours before departure but yet OLCI is not open. Sort it out QATAR!

rams 223 posts

I was able to check in but couldn’t get boarding pass for my flight yesterday. Asked at airport and they didn’t seem to know why.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.