Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Qatar Airways status match question

• Cfrost101 15 posts

Hi!

I am BAEC Silver (OneWord Sapphire), I have a Qatar Privilege Club account but only have 45 QPoints and I’m flying with Qatar from Oslo to LAX and then LAX to Jakarta in February (a LOT of flying hours).

I am now doing much more Asia flying and I’m also planning to do Jakarta to New York business return with Qatar in December, so in my head it makes sense to ditch BAEC and switch to Qatar Privilege Club, but I don’t want to miss out on my Oneworld Sapphire benefits in the meantime. I’ll easily become Qatar Gold by end of 2022, but still to get there I’ll have to forfeit a lot of OneWorld benefits.

I have contacted Qatar Privilege Club and basically said the above, then I asked if it would be possible to get a status match. I’m just wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience with Qatar Status Matches or even believes if they will do it? They haven’t responded yet so I’m waiting for them to comeback to me, hopefully it’s soon!

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Guernsey Globetrotter 584 posts

All the best with the match attempt but the Statusmatcher reports (outside of a special match period they held a while back) are not very encouraging:
    https://statusmatcher.com/company/qatar-airways

QFFlyer 155 posts

Hi!

I am BAEC Silver (OneWord Sapphire), I have a Qatar Privilege Club account but only have 45 QPoints and I’m flying with Qatar from Oslo to LAX and then LAX to Jakarta in February (a LOT of flying hours).

I am now doing much more Asia flying and I’m also planning to do Jakarta to New York business return with Qatar in December, so in my head it makes sense to ditch BAEC and switch to Qatar Privilege Club, but I don’t want to miss out on my Oneworld Sapphire benefits in the meantime. I’ll easily become Qatar Gold by end of 2022, but still to get there I’ll have to forfeit a lot of OneWorld benefits.

I have contacted Qatar Privilege Club and basically said the above, then I asked if it would be possible to get a status match. I’m just wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience with Qatar Status Matches or even believes if they will do it? They haven’t responded yet so I’m waiting for them to comeback to me, hopefully it’s soon!

You won’t miss out on the benefits in the meantime, you’ve got BA Silver (OWS) so just use that for benefits but credit your flights to QR to build up to status with them. Unless your BA expires before your QR becomes OWS level, you’ll be fine.

Cfrost101 15 posts

Unfortunately you can’t use BA Silver and build up Qpoints at the same time, you have to add one to your ticket.

They said no to my status match, annoyingly!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.