Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes QR reward flights …. what time?

QR reward flights …. what time?

• Amy C

Feel like I should know this but I don’t and can’t find anything about it in my search. Do QR release their reward flights at a certain time of day? I’m going to be joining the Aussie rush next month and need to be on the ball. Thanks.

polly

We would like to know this too….. they used to just randomly open 1 seat, which was useless. Have no clue of their new avios rules tho. Law onto themselves it seems….

rams

From what I can tell they seem to release the double avios seats immediately 350ish days in advance but who wants to pay that!

I’m also interested in this.

JDB

I’m not sure of the answer, but there was mention on a separate thread that QR cash bookings can be made 360 days ahead vs 355 for BA and therefore Avios seats may also be released on QR before you can book them via BA.com.

Aston100

From what I can tell they seem to release the double avios seats immediately 350ish days in advance but who wants to pay that!

I’m also interested in this.

I don’t think anyone knows, but from what I’ve seen, it does look like double avios seats are released first, and during certain peak periods (such as UK school holidays) they stay at double avios.
    Someone commented something previously that the double avios pricing comes up when normal availability is sold out, but I don’t think this is true based on my searches over the past 6 months – i.e. I think they start at double avios immediately and drop down to normal pricing if there isn’t demand, or some other factor.

NorthernLass

That tallies with my experience of booking DOH-MAN for late December. All the J seats were double avios (and no availability on BA), so after a few days of checking I went for economy as it’s only 7 hours and I managed to bag exit row seats. I didn’t want all availability to disappear and not be able to get home! But economy was very reasonable for a long haul flight – 21,500 avios plus £60 each.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.