Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Rebooking reward ticket from the Black Friday 2020 promo

• bencurtis14 3 posts

Did anyone happen to book a reward flight in the Virgin Atlantic Black Friday sale last year (2020) and have a reservation to rebook due to cancellation / schedule change on the original booking?

I’m in that situation and they don’t seem to permit destination change whilst honouring the Black Friday offer but interested to see if anyone was told differently.

We combined the Black Friday 50% off points along with the Companion Voucher on two bookings but unfortunately both Hong Kong and Tel Aviv are closed to visitors at the moment.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    safetycard 70 posts

I have rebooked mine to a different destination two times now due to changes in lockdowns but they do not honour the mileage discount / sale fare and I had to pay the miles difference. It might be different if they cancel the flights, but if not it’s treated like a normal Mileage redemption.

PaulB 23 posts

Somewhat to my surprise, despite my original flight not being cancelled (albeit falling at a time most Brits wouldn’t have been permitted into the US) VS did allow me to move my booking – same destination, but offpeak->peak dates, with no mileage availability showing, exactly as I requested and without any payment of further £ or miles. I was impressed. I used the online rebooking form as someone on here kindly recommended.

Molly 89 posts

Managed to re-book with the discounted miles but the same destination – SFO. My flight wasn’t cancelled but couldn’t travel due to the US restrictions so I just submitted my request via the rebook your flights form on the website. 24 hours later the flight was moved and re-booked. Not sure if it has the option for a different destination?

marks7389 425 posts

I had flights booked under this deal cancelled by Virgin Atlantic. I was originally told they wouldn’t honour the original 50% miles deal at all, but after complaining they did let me rebook to the same destination a year later.

Still charged me a bit extra though on the taxes and fees as they’d increased in the interim….

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.