Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Recent views on London hotels

• Whatsthepoint 125 posts

I haven’t stayed in Central London IHG hotels in a while so i was hoping I could get views on the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury and Indigo Leicester Square. These are the best located IHG hotels for what i need. Many thanks in advance.

HampshireHog 120 posts

Holiday inn Bloomsbury is time travelling back 40 years to 1983, unmodernised tatty dump

Lynx 21 posts

I’m pretty sure there is a case of mistaken identity here. I’ve stayed at HI Bloomsbury a few times and as I recall it is quite modern and perfectly fine. I think the HI Mayfair was the old and tatty one, but that seems to have disappeared.

I’d choose HI Bloomsbury over Indigo Leicester Square. Standard rooms at the Indigo are very small, and Leicester Square is a bit too busy and hectic for my liking. The Indigo does have a top floor bar/restaurant with a decent view and a balcony, but outside eating/drinking is less of an attraction at this time of year…

Whatsthepoint 125 posts

Thanks Lynx. I did stay at the HI Bloomsbury years ago and it was ‘ok’ then.

HampshireHog 120 posts

Well I stayed this year and I ain’t changing my view. The location is great otherwise I’d rather be in a premier inn tbh

Whatsthepoint 125 posts

Fair enough Hampshirehog. I actually decided on the King’s Cross Crowne Plaza. Not the best of reviews but the HI only specified a ‘double’ bed whereas the CP was a ‘queen’, which I hope is US Queen I.e. a King. I wish hotels were clearer about bed sizes.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.