Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Reduced BA tier point thresholds

• circusflyer 17 posts

I have received over 1125 tier points this year – enough to re-qualify for gold under the reduced the points threshold. The last few tier points credited to my account on 23rd November, but my account doesn’t show the extended status expiry date. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Are statuses not being updated until the 31st December deadline?
    When I went from silver to gold last year, under the same reduced TP thresholds, my account updated immediately. I tried to speak to BA about it but no response as yet… Anyone got any tips on who I should email, or how long it might take for my account to update?

Lula 204 posts

They will update in January I believe.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,084 posts

Your account will update in early January. There is no point in asking BA to do anything because it makes no different to your status at the moment.

Last year was easy because the lower threshold applied to the whole of our collection years.

This year it is different because the reduced threshold applies to only part of it Ams BA felt it wasn’t worth making changes to the BAEC software to be handle partial periods of lower requirements.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.