Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Reges Cesme vs LM Maldives

• adeimantus 8 posts

Hi all,

Sitting on some Bonvoy and MR points and am happy to buy up a few more via the new 50% bonus promotion.

I’m considering doing either a 5 or 10 night stay at the Reges Cesme or Le Meridien Maldives as a summer trip. Both represent great value, at least on the surface, for point redemptions:

– Reges (Luxury Collection) Cesme: 30k points a night (peak) = 120k points for a 5-night redemption in July. VS ~£521 per night with a promotion paying cash. Represents £2.17 per Bonvoy point

– Le Meridien Maldives: 35k points a night (standard) = 140k points for a 5-night redemption in July. VS ~£506 per night with promotion paying cash. Represents £1.80 per Bonvoy point

So on the surface both look great and it would make sense to get one of these before the changes to Bonvoy (with revenue-based) kick in, but of course sometimes the cash rates aren’t reflective of true ‘value’, so was wondering whether anyone has any past experience of both (or either) and whether they’re worth visiting?

can 506 posts

I don’t think Cesme is that special, even if it is a great hotel. Especially compared to Maldives.

adeimantus 8 posts

Thanks @can. Any thoughts also on Bodrum? Is it Turkey in general that’s unremarkable or Cesme specifcally? The EDITION there looks great, for 280k for 5 nights it also looks like good value (vs the £1.2k+ rates)

can 506 posts

Bodrum is special. I didn’t stay at Edition though.
    I think if I had Bonvoy to burn in Turkey, I’d do it in Istanbul where the luxury difference do matter. St Regis, Autograph, Ritz, W at Istanbul have excellent locations and views, and close to great restaurants if that is your thing.

LST 19 posts

Bear in mind July is wet season in The Maldives, you could potentially be washed out the entire trip.

Michael C 667 posts

Loads of things to do/places to eat in and around Bodrum.
    Also agree there are great redemptions to be had in IST.

danyal 33 posts

Recently stayed at Reges. Cesme is nice, I have never been to Maldives but I imagine much nicer there. Different type of holiday. Reges is a stunning hotel, with incredible staff. Truly fantastic people working there. The redemption rate is very low. If I would choose however, in Turkey, I’d do Bodrum EDITION.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Is it Turkey in general that’s unremarkable or Cesme specifcally?

Turkey has a shed load of things to see and do outside of beach holiday resorts.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.