Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Rejecting an accepted reschedule offer

• tjob81 30 posts

Ahoy all,

What are my rights if I now want to reject an offer of a rescheduled flight, which I had previously accepted?

BA telling me it’s tough luck!

I assumed that the 2nd leg of my journey would be adjusted too but it isn’t part of same booking so wasn’t adjusted.

Thanks in advance.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,077 posts

Once you’ve accepted a change then it is indeed tough luck.

A separate booking is a separate booking and a change to one does not allow you to change the other.

JDB 4,378 posts

Once you’ve accepted a change then it is indeed tough luck.

A separate booking is a separate booking and a change to one does not allow you to change the other.

There are multiple risks with separate bookings. This will also be a risk where people are booking return 241 online and getting 50% Avios back as although the bookings are ostensibly linked, that is really just for the voucher.

Lady London 2,051 posts

Never accept till you’re sure. BA’s system can easily entrap you into accepting inadvertently.

Unless you’re very sure, step away from the keyboard and phone them instead when you’ve had a look at what else would suit you not them. BA’s system isn’t built to inform you of your rights unfortunately.

If you made a mistake then your only hope is that they cancel or severely move/delay any other flight on that same booking. It doesn’t have to be that same flight, any will do. That opens the door to you rerouting the set of flights on your ticket using your right to reroute to a date that is convenient for you – or as near as reasonably poss to same overall if that is what you choose.

But by all reports BA is pitiless on this once someone has accepted an alternative (or a refund, for that matter, which you should always be wary of accepting even if they say there’s no alternative as there may well be one on someone else).

Scott 240 posts

Hope someone can help with a semi-related question. I have a future return flight with Easyjet for which the inbound flight has now been cancelled, i.e. removed from their schedule.
    Their suggested alternative is no good, nor do they have any other suitable flights for a few days so I require rerouting on another carrier.
    After conducting them, they grudgingly agreed to this, telling me to book it myself and claim the costs.
    Their online form doesn’t accept claims until 30 days before the flight, so in the meantime I haven’t rejected their suggested alternative, nor have I accepted it (the email stated “If you’re happy with these changes, please download your new boarding pass”).
    I’m wondering if there is any onus on me to tell them I don’t require this alternative, to allow them to resell it? I’m reluctant to do so until I’ve been refunded for the replacement flight I booked myself, but this may not happen until after the flight date has passed.

tjob81 30 posts

If I choose not to fly the outbound (1st leg) of the booking and book a new flight, what does that do to the remainder of the reward flights on the original booking? Will it invalidate them?

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,077 posts

If I choose not to fly the outbound (1st leg) of the booking and book a new flight, what does that do to the remainder of the reward flights on the original booking? Will it invalidate them?

Yes they will all be cancelled.

John 1,000 posts

I’m wondering if there is any onus on me to tell them I don’t require this alternative, to allow them to resell it? I’m reluctant to do so until I’ve been refunded for the replacement flight I booked myself, but this may not happen until after the flight date has passed.

What easyjet does internally with its bookings is no concern of yours. If you haven’t accepted it then they can’t treat you as having accepted it. Did they give you a deadline to accept or reject it? They should have already factored in that you may be undecided until the deadline, or if no deadline then until the flight itself.

Yes, the entire booking will be cancelled unless BA agrees not to cancel it, which is unlikely. But I think it should be possible to pay a change fee to remove the unwanted flight.

Scott 240 posts

… If you haven’t accepted it then they can’t treat you as having accepted it. Did they give you a deadline to accept or reject it?

No deadline mentioned, only the note about downloading boarding pass if I’m happy with the change, or options to choose from if I’m not happy (none of which were book myself on another airline.)

SAbadshah 2 posts

It is indeed bad luck once you have accepted a change. A change to one booking does not permit a change to another, and each booking is treated separately.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.