Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Retrospective credit card voucher application?

• c_j 19 posts

Hi there can a voucher be applied after booking a cash fare / retrospectively? e.g. book cash or points fare online, and then call and have it applied and cash/points refunded.
    Or does it need to be applied at the time? I saw something on here about restrospective application being possible when they extended how they could be used last year, but not sure if this was a one off for the rule changes.

And – can a voucher be changed once applied? E.g use the voucher as a 241 to book 2 pax in premium economy, and then, if UC availability opens up, call and ‘switch’ it to an upgrade voucher for one leg of the flight (paying the difference in cost)?

Thanks!

Mel TS 70 posts

I asked about this last week – return UC flights to AUS had popped up giving us a 10 day holiday but I couldn’t get through and in the end decided that i’d just book online as they don’t come up that often and we that aren’t flexible on dates. By the next morning the return flight 2 days later had appeared so i called – i was told it couldn’t be applied, but maybe I got the wrong agent and some will? Can’t hurt to try asking?

c_j 19 posts

Thanks! I was told on the phone today that you can use the voucher to upgrade a cash or points ticket after purchase, if redemption seat(s) become available later. But – you can’t if you’ve already used the voucher as a 241.

Bit of a shame as I’d happily take the cash saving on the Prem Econ booking if there’s definitely no UC availability… but don’t want to box myself in either!

Anyone else managed to do a 241 with the voucher and later ‘switch’ it to an upgrade (paying fare difference ofc)?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.