Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Reversing miles and 2/4/1

• 1005dyer 39 posts

I have successfully followed Robs advice and booked the 2/4/1 going to CPT and then 355 days out booking a fully Avios return, then phoning BA and getting half the Avios back.

My question would the same thing work in reverse as date availability much easier? Eg book an Avios to CPT early January, then in April book a 2/4/1 for March — then phone and get half the outward Avios returned

AJA 1,070 posts

No you can’t add a return flight using a 2-4-1 to an existing Avios booking and then get half the avios on the initial booking back.

You could try using a new style 2-4-1 voucher issued after 1 Sep 2021 to book starting in CPT to LHR and add the LHR to CPT return later.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    1005dyer 39 posts

Thanks I have a new style voucher. You say I can’t add a 2/4/1 booking to an existing Avios booking, but I am not proposing that as my experience confirms the bookings are always separate bookings even in the normal sequence and 50% of Avios is refunded.
    I might try the other way, at worst I have lost the 50% of the Avios, Ofcourse it is easier to do the proper sequence, but getting a 2/4/1 early January to CPT is not easy.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.