Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Revolut account closure – anyone else?

• 01A 26 posts

My wife just received an email that Revolut is closing her account. She doesn’t use her Revolut account at all. I have used her account few times to top-up from IHG white card. The last such transaction was performed by me in July 2021. Her account has hardly been used after that.

I used to use my own Revolut account for these top-ups, but I have not received any closure email from Revolut (at least for now). I have withdrawn all funds from my Revolut account just to save myself the trouble of dealing with them, in case they decide to close my account as well.

Has anyone received this closure email from Revolut? Is Revolut going down the same road as Creation with account closures?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    NorthernLass 7,579 posts

From that it sounds like the closure may be due to account inactivity – is your wife going to contact Revolut to ask about this? They were pretty responsive to in-app messaging last week when I accidentally ordered 2 replacement cards!

Also – are you sure it’s not a phishing email of some kind?

SteveJ 979 posts

Does seem like a standard “you’ve not used for 6 months so going to close your account” style action.

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

Way back in the days before Curvy and Bendy and Beardy etc, I got my Revolut account closed – probably because I was using my IHG to top up Rev and pay mum’s care home fees.

I think they wanted something more varied than 1.2k paid in every week and 5k paid out every month!

No point in asking – it is a commercial decision and cheerio.

NorthernLass 7,579 posts

Hi Colin – it sounds like people were doing a lot more than that during the current saga!

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

Anna – cutting edge is bleeding edge.

Maybe I was to much of an early adopter – then Revolut began to realise how much turnover they’d lose and so relaxed?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.