Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Reward Flight Saver not working for flights later in the year

• doctorbee 9 posts

I am trying to price up Avios return flights with a Reward Flight saver and it is not working for flights later in the year, with much higher taxes and fees than usual. The Reward Flight Saver symbol is showing against the flights (I regularly earn plenty of Avios so is not to do with that):

Example: LON – ZRH return in July:
    62500 Avios + £ 160.10
    59500 Avios + £ 180.10
    50000 Avios + £ 220.10
    36500 Avios + £ 260.10
    27500 Avios + £ 350.10
    22000 Avios + £ 430.10

However, for flights in January, the correct Reward flight saver taxes are showing.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,048 posts

There have been other threads / comments on this

When it happened to me last week on clicking through to the next screen the correct numbers / costs appeaared

doctorbee 9 posts

Clicking through isn’t working, get the same results

doctorbee 9 posts

OK it worked when I changed browsers from Chrome to Edge. Ludicrous!

strickers 656 posts

I had the same problem yesterday, ended up booking on my phone.

icemankaka 12 posts

just curious – as this seems to be the most relevent thread around.

is there RFS for F? I’ve paid 1400 for a US bound 241 in F last month (non RFS) but today i checked it’s 800 for J(241)… I wonder if that’s cuz F has no RFS or the person booking me in messed up

Azza 24 posts

This just appeared.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/faqs/reward-flight-saver

Our expanded Reward Flight Saver offers you a way of redeeming Avios on a flight without having to pay a large amount in cash to cover charges.

Reward Flight Saver covers all our destinations across 100% of the network and includes World Traveller, World Traveller Plus and Club World.

MattB 259 posts

See the main site, cash and avios requirements have changed today.

davefl 1,217 posts

is there RFS for F? I’ve paid 1400 for a US bound 241 in F last month (non RFS) but today i checked it’s 800 for J(241)… I wonder if that’s cuz F has no RFS or the person booking me in messed up

Massive reduction in surchages announced today

JDB 4,335 posts

Massive reduction in surchages announced today

There hasn’t been a reduction in surcharges, there is simply now sometimes the option to pay them with Avios.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.