Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Mikeact 229 posts

How’s the best way to book a one way RFS back to the UK for my son and girlfriend…via the BA/US site or have to call? At first glance, I don’t see an easy way. Thanks.

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

Where are they flying from, @Mikeact? Not all destinations offer this. Also the person whose account the booking is coming from will need to be eligible to book RFS.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Mikeact 229 posts

New York or anywhere that offers RFS. I’ll book them using my account.

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

Shouldn’t be a problem then, you just search as for any avios redemption and select “economy” when the list of available flights appears. Usually good availability for NYC and there’s also a morning flight which might be a better option than trying to do an overnight in Y (ditto BOS). You’ll then get the quote – 25/30k avios (off-peak/peak) plus £50 pp and you can then proceed to the payment page.
    Note this doesn’t work with a 241 earned from the BAPP.

Mikeact 229 posts

Thanks…is there a list somewhere of participating airports in NA ?

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

I don’t think so, you’ll probably have to check each one, though someone possibly said the other day that you can do this from the west coast now so maybe they all qualify now? I can say for definite you can do RFS from NYC, BOS, ORD and MIA.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.