27th September 2023 at 14:28slidey 248 posts
Im looking for somewhere to go for a couple of weeks towards end of oct (anywhere other than EU/North America is fine, but pref Asia) but as its so close there seems to be very few options to anywhere other than the US in business on VS/BA, does anyone have any suggestions for less common routing options on partner airlines (bookable on avios/virgin/amex points) where availability may be more available?27th September 2023 at 16:25Roberto 264 posts
Bombay/Mumbai has plenty of availability PE out and upper back on VS if you fancy India.. I was checking for someone else earlier today. Last time we went we stayed at the Oberoi and had a blast.
No idea what the weather is like that time of the year and two weeks might be a bit long unless you move on elsewhere..27th September 2023 at 19:54BBbetter 203 posts
Apart from above, tier 2 cities in India like BLR and HYD might also have good availability and decent connections.
Bahrain is wide open, though connections from there could be a pain.
Srilankan and Malaysian can be booked using avios.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Onboard ‘Flight100’ – the first transatlantic flight powered by 100% sustainable aviation fuel
IAG planning ‘consistent elite tiers’ across BA, Iberia and Aer Lingus – what does this mean?
Bits: Heathrow Express drops its £5.50 tickets, get £150 with a Malaysia Airlines booking
Lots of Singapore Club and First Class Avios availability for four people in April-July 2024
100,000 POINTS BONUS: Why American Express Platinum gets you in more lounges than you think
Before Virgin’s historic SAF flight tomorrow, I visited Rolls-Royce in Derby to learn more
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on Denied by Dufry – how to get from LHR T3 to T4 airside?
- davefl on Chat thread – Sunday 3rd December
- anuj on Denied by Dufry – how to get from LHR T3 to T4 airside?
- shanghaiguizi on Denied by Dufry – how to get from LHR T3 to T4 airside?
- WrS on Curve changes from November 10th
- zapato1060 on Advise: best use of 2-4-1 living in Cyprus
- zapato1060 on Help me book a 2-4-1 open jaw?
- kitster on Post your British Airways Premium Plus retention offers!
- JonathanC on Booking Aerolíneas in local ARS currency
- NigelHamilton on Eurostar tickets for the Olympics
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.