Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Rules on BA for travelling when pregnant?

• MilesOnPoint 80 posts

We’re planning to fly back to Ireland in March for my wife (who will be 30 weeks pregnant by then) to see her family.

Are you able to fly on British Airways whilst 30 weeks pregnant without having to obtain a medical certificate to travel?

Route is London City to Dublin (BA city flyer) and my wife is fully vaccinated and has had booster too.

Thanks in advance

ChrisC 956 posts

Lots of info on flying whilst pregnant on the BA website.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us/information/travel-assistance/medical-conditions-and-pregnancy

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Thank you Chris, I had read that page already…

The information BA provide is they request that you travel with a letter from a doctor or midwife and my question is whether or not that is a condition of carriage after a certain point in the pregnancy?

NorthernLass 7,547 posts

It clearly says the letter is only “recommended”. However, I would suggest it would be a good idea in case there’s any question about how pregnant your wife is at that point (or how many babies). I don’t know about Ireland but other places like the US can be funny if they think there’s any chance of you giving birth, running up medical costs and trying to claim citizenship for your child.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.