Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Same night booked at 2 hotels

• Tracy 315 posts

Is there going to be an issue if I am booked in for the same night at 2 hotels? I need a hotel for 9 nights then moving to another hotel. However, if I book the first hotel, Marriott, for 10 nights it becomes a long stay rate which is cheaper per night and includes breakfast. I’ll be paying in advance for this hotel but leaving one day early. Just worried when I try to check in at the new hotel, Marriott too, the computer will say no as I haven’t checked out of the other…anyone any experience with this with Marriott?

Matt 323 posts

Don’t check out from the long stay hotel, as they may re-price your stay – you wouldn’t qualify for the long stay anymore.

I would strongly suggest booking the 2nd, 1 night, hotel via Hotels.com or some other OTA – Marriott won’t give credit for 2 stays on the same night, so you might find you end up with the points for 1 night and not for 10 if you book both direct.

That aside, there won’t be any issue checking in for the second hotel at all.

Tracy 315 posts

Thanks @Matt, the 2nd hotel is a 5 night stay on points to get the 5th night free lol. I’d be a bit gutted if I didn’t get points for the 10 night stay as I’ll be paying in cash in advance. Surely they can’t reprice if its paid in advance? Won’t get points credit for the 5 night stay as its on points anyway but I would like the 5 nights stay credit towards status…

TGLoyalty 529 posts

You’ll be fine.

The “system” won’t give you any issues

As already said Don’t check out of the first hotel, just leave. They could reprice if you decided to check out earlier even if it’s pre pay. I’ve had no issues walking out of rooms early.

You might not get the single overlapping night but you’re eligible for the rest / points.

Tracy 315 posts

thanks @TGLoyalty, I will do that. I’ll just leave hotel one and check in to hotel two. Hopefully, I’ll get 14 out of 15 night credits and points for all 10 nights at hotel one, fingers crossed.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.