Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club SeatSpy – departure time filter

• DTR 105 posts

I’m a paid up subscriber of seatspy and I used to find it (and RFF) an excellent tool.
    My needs have changed however, as travel with a young family makes flight deptarture times critical.
    I’m usually in the market for short haul European destinations that have a lot of flights per day, but where the best slots are often unavailable. I can do a search for, say, GVA or LIS and get availability on a huge number of days, but to find availability on the flights within the times I need – usually those falling mid morning or late afternoon return – still requires me to trawl through the BA site day by day. Worse, I can’t set alerts.
    I’m not sure what database seat spy relies upon, but assuming they can access the flight data, surely it wouldn’t be to complex to add a time filter to the availability search and alerts function.? This would be hugely valuable for people like me, and would certainly keep me subscribed for the long term.!
    I will drop a note to SeatSpy but wondered if others had thoughts or insights, and would also find this helpful?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    memesweeper 1,252 posts

It’s not just Seat Spy. I’m yet to find any flight search tool that I can use to specify “leaving after five on Friday and before six on Saturday” type searches. Everything filters first on date. Sky scanner will at least let you rule out certain times of day, but not a time window across multiple dates.

FatherOfFour 282 posts

I think momondo works for time filters, but this doesn’t help OPs specific need.
    I agree,it would be a useful feature.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.