Seychelles travel alert issued after explosion and flooding
7th December 2023 at 19:00roger 225 posts
I am travelling in 10 days and situation should become clearer by then but if my family is reluctant to travel due to bad weather and blast events, what are my options to cancel flights?
Have paid using Amex platinum.
Airbnb is refundable but have to act quickly.7th December 2023 at 19:10JDB 4,124 posts
You need the FCDO to advise against travel for you to be able to claim any cancellation costs. Otherwise it’s simply a disinclination to travel which isn’t covered. If your flight(s) were cancelled that would entitle you to ask for a refund for the tickets and possibly through insurance for other costs but you would have to check that carefully.7th December 2023 at 19:14BA Flyer IHG Stayer 1,866 posts
You need to read the policy.
Whether you are covered depends on if the UK government says don’t travel there (and reading your link it doesn’t say that and Seychelles government have already lifted the state of emergency) or you are disinclined to travel.
The former is usually covered by insuremace or the airline cancelling. the latter isn’t.7th December 2023 at 20:01E 88 posts
The state of emergency has now been lifted, and it says flights are operating and travellers can get to and from the airport. Am assuming your flights aren’t refundable with a small cancellation cost?7th December 2023 at 20:12roger 225 posts
Unfortunately flights are not refundable.
The weather is not great due to heavy rains but hopefully it will clear up soon if we do end up travelling!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- slidey on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- revkev7 on InterContinental Edinburgh – lounge and rooms
- yorkshireRich on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- derbydave on Driving in Japan
- Harrier25 on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- JDB on BA Amex Premium Plus Pro rata refund question
- Alan TJ on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- JohnBart on Virgin flight Point Booster – good idea?
- Super Secret Stuff on BA Prepaid Mastercard card closure
- Hotwings on Qatar The NinetyThird lounge, don’t waste your points [free meal not provided]
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.