Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Shopping through the Executive Club Portal

• timgilp 21 posts

Can anyone help me please ? I am using the portal to book accommodation via booking.com for obvious reasons but I’m unsure whether I have to use the same credit card as I book it on, to pay for it upon leaving the hotel/accomodation. It’s no big deal as I can use my “no foreign exchange card” when booking but I just wondered .
    The other thing I have noticed is that sometimes the price of the accommodation is more when using the portal than when accessing the app directly .

dst87 269 posts

It shouldn’t make any difference which card you settle the bill with when checking out. The main thing that matters is that you complete the stay and clicked through correctly. I’d also avoid making any changes to the booking as this can cause issues. Better to cancel and make a new booking clicking through the portal again.

timgilp 21 posts

Thankyou. Very helpful. I only just noticed too that the Avios bonus is on accomodation only not flights or cars which is a pity . Both flights and cars do look competitive though .

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.