Sicily – advice
16th March 2022 at 10:15RTS
We are planning a week long break to Sicily, would be grateful for any advice on best area to stay (flying into Catania). Hotels v Airbnb?
Do you think we should hire a car or is it fairly easy to get around the island?16th March 2022 at 10:24AJA
I would definitely hire a car. It is relatively easy to drive between places. I also flew into Catania. Taormina is also nice, as is Syracuse, both of which are easy to drive to from Catania. Noto is also worth visiting. I never got as far as Messina or Palermo. I stayed in Syracuse but I don’t know if the hotel is open still so don’t have any to recommend.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The perfect airport doesn’t exist, but the new Paris Charles de Gaulle ‘Extime’ upgrade is close
Bits: new Qatar insurance rules, design a BA beer can, free Fairmont night from Emirates
Bits: fly BA Club World on short haul – or fly Titan, Virgin ends Plaza Premium Clubhouse access
Bits: Virgin’s missing reward seats, Elizabeth Line gets faster to Heathrow, Inverness Airport station
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- _aDifferentSimon_ on Who has received the 100,000 Avios?
- JDB on Las ?vegas Flights moved from T3 to T5
- alexm on OW Sapphire status benefits with Iberia Express HBO ticket
- JDB on Volunteer list at online checkin
- AJA on New member saying Hello!
- JDB on Nassau, Grand Cayman and Providenciales Back to T5!
- flymeanywhere on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- qc on Sri Lanka: trouble possibly brewing again
- Harrier25 on Purchasing which vouchers qualify towards Amex minimum spend ?
- nectar collector on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.