Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Sign up bonus – worth waiting?

• omariqy 29 posts

Hi guys

I’m am contemplating applying for the Barclaycard Avios Plus card. I’ve seen that the sign up bonus has been higher than its current 25,000 level in the past 18 months or so. Is it worth waiting to see if it’s increased in the next month or so or just pushing ahead with it? Assume it’s all random so there’s no way of knowing of any potential changes to the sign up bonus?

kai 77 posts

There was a 40k sign-up bonus for Premier customers until beginning of Jan.

zapato1060 637 posts

@omariqy I would personally wait. Last year there was two bonus in last 2 quarters.

omariqy 29 posts

Thanks guys. I think I will give it another month to see if anything changes.

captrik 14 posts

Still waiting on this. Come on barclaycard! 😂

as02 22 posts

I’m also looking at getting this card + Barclays Avios Rewards through the Premier account.
    I suppose current SUB will be 50k in total. What’s the highest that this has been in the recent past? And how often does that kind of offer usually come out?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Barclays has taken a step back from crackpot bonuses on the Avios cards. There is nothing in the pipeline we are aware of and there has not been for some time now.

You might want to hang off getting a Premier account this month though.

aGZwdXNlcgo 2 posts

Is this a potential hint that something may be coming up after this month? – I only ask as I have just got a Premier account this month and not yet done the account switch, so curious.

zapato1060 637 posts

Is this a potential hint that something may be coming up after this month? – I only ask as I have just got a Premier account this month and not yet done the account switch, so curious.

If you don’t think that’s a hint then I have a genuine made in China Rolex watch I would like to sell to you?

CJD 34 posts

Barclays has taken a step back from crackpot bonuses on the Avios cards. There is nothing in the pipeline we are aware of and there has not been for some time now.

Interesting to know. I’m looking at applying as I could do with an Avios earning MasterCard, and I’ll have a football season ticket to renew in a couple of months time which will easily account for 25% of the target spend. Have been holding off in the hope they’ll be offering an enhanced sign up but by the sounds of it that’s unlikely?

WA81741 11 posts

Hi,

I was holding off applying for the BC Mastercard Plus in the hope that they would increase their Avios bonus but by the sounds of it . . . it’s not going to happen.

Also doing the same for the AMEX Gold card but was prioritising the Mastercard Plus to pay for non BA AMEX + spend (partners card).

CarpalTravel 363 posts

If you don’t think that’s a hint then I have a genuine made in China Rolex watch I would like to sell to you?

And with the account apparently now opened, they are certain to have missed it.

captrik 14 posts

Damn was hoping on a April promo, guess not.

Rome77 4 posts

Is this in reference to “25,000 Avios when opening your first Barclays current account” that I can now see here?

as02 22 posts

Is this in reference to “25,000 Avios when opening your first Barclays current account” that I can now see here?

Don’t think so. That 25k bonus was always there. Everyone here is waiting for something even higher. 🙂

trader363 109 posts

Any guesses/insights into the next signup bonus? Player 2 just became eligible for a bonus

Vit 158 posts

Yes — been waiting for the (bigger) SUB from Barclays Avios Rewards account. Hopefully Rob can spill the beans as when there is something on the pipeline.

captrik 14 posts

Doesn’t look like it’s happening any time soon. 😞

chiraagnt 16 posts

Wonder if Rob has heard anything about a SUB coming anytime soon – tempted to get the card but holding out for a bonus. Surely Barclaycard must be running a SUB before June, or is that wishful thinking on my part?

SamG 1,644 posts

He posted recently that they seem to have moved away from the bonuses of past as a strategy!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.