Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Getting a sign-up bonus on Amex Gold and BA Premium Plus

• harley 109 posts

A friend had been looking to get the Gold card and will be getting the SUB as has not held any amex card in 24 months. I was thinking to also refer to BAPP now there is the higher signup bonus, he is also entitled to this as no BA card in 24months.
    He will apply to gold first but am wondering if he triggered the BAPP SUB first would this affect the gold sub as amex may mention that he had now had another card in 24months! In an ideal he would get both SUB, he is more interested in gold and wishes to keep this the full year so if BAPP messes it up might not be worth the risk

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    SteveJ 977 posts

You can’t do BAPP then Gold and get both SUBs.

You can do the opposite, Gold then BAPP and get both SUBs.

That’s because the BAPP rules are that you can’t have held a BA card in last 24 months, whereas Gold rules are you can’t have had any personal card in last 24 months.

harley 109 posts

Thanks Steve, they will be getting the gold first. Its just that will be their long term hold card , the BAPP they will signup a few weeks after having got the gold card but will likely qualify for that SUB faster as they will be putting a large amount on it quickly then cancelling. I am just worried if they trigger the BA SUB first despite having opened it after the Gold that this may cancel out the Gold SUB or am i overthinking

SteveJ 977 posts

Overthinking. It’s the order of opening that matters, not the point when SUB is triggered.

harley 109 posts

Thanks Steve for confirming

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.