Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Silver card + guest (+ 27 month old?)

• tjob81 30 posts

Evening all,

Looking to fly out of T5 or T3, what are my chances of guesting wife AND 27month old into lounge?

I assume that technically they should decline it, just looking for answers from prior experiences

Ta x

Froggee 901 posts

Reasonable if the child is cute and you ask nicely.

Better if it’s quiet.

I’ve never tried my luck as am too shy but one time I got a “I really shouldn’t let you all in but…” and then she noticed that Mrs Froggee was silver so we were fine anyway.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Swings and roundabouts.

Last time we did Eurostar (me and the 2 kids) I – eventually – persuaded the Fast Track security guy to let us all through, saving about an hour, despite only being allowed one guest. However, no-way were they letting me into the lounge when I tried the same thing (I even offered them a Carte Blanche card and an Amex Plat, except both were in my name of course!).

Lyn 188 posts

There’s a chance that the Qantas lounge in T3 might be worth trying, as they have a generous lounge access policy in Australia for families with very young children.

NorthernLass 7,581 posts

Is there an AA lounge in T3, I thought so but can’t remember?
    I am BA Silver and was allowed to take OH plus a 17 year old in the AA lounge at DCA in December, no idea if they are as generous on this side of the pond! They said it was fine as son was under 18, but even if he had been older they would probably have let him in as it was 6 am and very quiet.

Joecooljoe 49 posts

Ba technically no. But I would just show yours and partners BP and see what happens (if your 27 month old was an infant, would be fine). T3 you have few more options to try…

tjob81 30 posts

We were hoping to try T3 as it’s a Silver card holders wonderland, thanks all.

Hes a cute child, even if I do say so myself so 🤞

Ta x

ccparkhill 4 posts

Ba technically no. But I would just show yours and partners BP and see what happens (if your 27 month old was an infant, would be fine). T3 you have few more options to try…

Aren’t infants considered guests too?

Michael C 671 posts

I think we got it once out of a dozen attempts!

After that, it was parent 1 + child in lounge, parent 2 in nearest
    scuzzy bar, then after xxx minutes, parents 1 + 2 swap boarding cards,
    and parent 2 goes into lounge with child!

Hopefully, our newly-minted Amex plats have ended that palaver…

tomahawk 71 posts

I got 4 of us (all adults) into the First lounge at Gatwick with my gold card recently which surprised me. It was very quiet in there though.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.