Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Silver status with Bonvoy from Amex?

• VickyTM 111 posts

Sorry if I’ve missed this change – I noticed the other day that my Bonvoy status had been downgraded to Silver from Gold. I assumed it was an error and so re-linked my Amex Plat to my Bonvoy account. Just received an email a week later saying that my account had been changed …. to Silver….is this correct? I thought you got gold status?

DJ 92 posts
    NorthernLass 7,492 posts

I’ve had this today but don’t hold the Plat at the moment (and have pretty much given up on Marriott) so was expecting it. It might take a bit for the system to catch up and realise you should still have gold status, I guess? I’ve not seen any mention that this might no longer be a Plat benefit.

Luca M 391 posts

There has been some talks on FlyerTalk as well for the last few weeks. Apparently you need to ask Amex to reprocess the status “upgrade” to get it resolved. So far, my status is till showing OK.

RK228 197 posts

Upon initial attention directed toward this here and on FT, I noticed that my account too had been downgraded to Silver. I thought about contacting American Express, but had been too busy the past few weeks to do so and had no upcoming stays planned. In checking the Marriot Bonvoy app on my phone yesterday, however, it seems that I am back to Gold Elite status without any intervention on my end.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.