Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hotel sold out for next April (2024)

• Gary B 37 posts

Wow, I was looking to book the Hilton Riverside in New Orleans and it is sold out on two of the days I want to stay. A 1700 room hotel sold out 11 months in advance. I can’t find an email address to email them. Also what has happened to the holding rooms for Diamond members? Any clues anyone?

Travel Strong 258 posts

The hotel probably just hasn’t opened their booking calendar out that far yet – flick through earlier dates and see if they all say sold out any time after a certain date. You can ask the hotel, but if you just check back it will become available soon.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,076 posts

Doing some dummy bookings and there seems to be a week where there have no rooms but they do the rest of the month and going into May.

Perhaps they have been booked out for a large conference / sports event ?

NorthernLass 7,554 posts

If you do a “my dates are flexible”-type search for 1 night, you can then see exactly which dates are available. But Hilton recently changed its reservation system so you can only book 10 months out at a lot of properties, and confusingly they will say “sold out” even though no rooms have even been released for sale yet!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

It’s more likely to be a huge conference or event – you’d get a feel by looking at prices of other hotels.

You really don’t want to invoke the Diamond room guarantee as this comes at a rate likely to be 2-3x higher than what you’d have paid otherwise – because it covers the compensation to the person who gets their booking cancelled to fit you in.

Gary B 37 posts

I thought it might be a conference/convention but cannot find one listed in New Orleans at that time. I have done as you suggest, a trawl of the other hotels and their pricing remains constant throughout the month although JW Marriott is 3x higher on one of the dates. I won’t be invoking the Diamond room guarantee if that’s the case Rob. Anyway there is nothing on the website that offers me a Diamond guarantee.

zio 249 posts

On the 8th?

AnotherUser 181 posts

Unless you’re attending a conference at that hotel, I’d avoid booking it if there is a big event on in the hotel (there often is). Can feel oddly like you’ve snuck into someone else’s work event, and the hotel can be a bit slammed if there is a big event. Lots of people will feel different, though.

I wasn’t thrilled to be there during a conference when I was attending the conference 😉

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.