Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Spend £300 or more, get £100 back via Amex

• ayearinmx 34 posts

Just checking that this doesn’t have to be done in one go? I have a couple of different nights i can book, which combined will add up to £300.

Also says, offer only applies to spend settled in GBP on the card to which the offer is saved…. so how does that work with European hotel spends?

tw33ty 187 posts

Doesn’t have to be one stay, it’s cumulative spend.

It works fine overseas, I use mine in Hamburg all the time, it just goes on the gbp equivalent spend, you’ll get charged euro at the hotel, but gbp on your Amex statement, it just needs to be greater than the £300 to trigger it.

The Marriott Bonvoy Amex I have also has an offer, spend £200 get £75 back.

ayearinmx 34 posts

thanks for the detailed response, this is on my Amex Platinum card…. normally, I’m a hotels.com guy, but with there upcoming change and me spotting this offer on my card, i figured i’d give it a bash!

tw33ty 187 posts

You can do both, select pay at hotel and the Amex transaction will ping from the payment at checkout.

You just won’t get any Marriott points or night credits.

If you plan on moving your stays to booking via Marriott themselves and you want status / nights going forward, then I recommend the Marriott bonvoy card, 15 nights credit, 6 points per pound spent at Marriott and a free night if you put 25k spend on it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.