Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Spending on Curve card and bonus Avios

• h24821807 55 posts

Hello all,

Just want to ask you guys, does sending on the linked Curve card qualify for the bonus Avios amount?

Currently, all of my spending via the Curve card doesn’t seem to be tally up on my bonus spending meter on my app.

Thanks

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Yes, spending via Curve is fine, so long as the merchant you’re spending with earns Avios as the MCC is passed over (e.g. regular spend, no cash advances).

My bonus counter never moved (still shows £0 spent!), but I got my bonus after the required spend.

h24821807 55 posts

Yes, spending via Curve is fine, so long as the merchant you’re spending with earns Avios as the MCC is passed over.

My bonus counter never moved (still shows £0 spent!), but I got my bonus after the required spend.

Thanks, funny enough, all of the spending earns Avios at the moment which does tally up. So, I guess it went through without updating the Bonus Avios meter?

NorthernLass 7,554 posts

Yes, spending via Curve is fine, so long as the merchant you’re spending with earns Avios as the MCC is passed over (e.g. regular spend, no cash advances).

Was that the counter for the SUB? Mine isn’t moving either – I keep asking about this but not getting a response either from Barclays or HFP!

Jimjones 3 posts

Where is this “bonus tracker” for avios that everyone is talking about? I’ve looked in the app and website but can’t see the tracker anywhere, unless I’m missing something!

iamlost 108 posts

Where is this “bonus tracker” for avios that everyone is talking about? I’ve looked in the app and website but can’t see the tracker anywhere, unless I’m missing something!

In the Barclays app, click on the credit card, click View your Avios, and you should see your welcome bonus and yearly spending reward trackers.

Jimjones 3 posts

Hmm, in the app, I can see the current account Avios reward taret of the BA Cabin upgarde voucher, but none for the credit card

kevinchoi 96 posts

Hmm, in the app, I can see the current account Avios reward taret of the BA Cabin upgarde voucher, but none for the credit card

Similar issue here. There isn’t anywhere I can see any avios accrued nor reward trackers. I messaged Barclaycard on twitter and all they could say is that “some features of the app may not be available for a few days when you first register for security reasons so I’d recommend checking back in a few days”. I’ve got the app and activated my card two weeks ago and still can’t see it though.

However, I can see on my BAEC account that Avios from my March spending has been credited to my account, so at least that’s a relief.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.