Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Split credit card payment for Virgin Atlantic flights?

• Will in SJC 25 posts

Other than telephoning VS, is there a way to pay for flights across two credit cards? My employer will pay for some flights up to a certain amount (for which I will use my business credit card) and I need to pay the balance on my personal card.

I am keen to avoid a call to VS given wait times (though I am US based so maybe the time zones will help) but can’t see how I can pay for the flights across two cards without calling.

Does anyone have any experience of this type of split payment or recommendations.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    toddy 113 posts

do you use Twitter?

If so, drop them a tweet. They usually respond quickly on there. Plus it saves you waiting on the phone.

SamG 1,644 posts

For a straight flight booking it’s likely not possible even by phone. A good travel agent would be able to do it (as it’s a pretty common scenario for business or “bleisure” travel) – e.g. if they’re both Amex then you could try Amex travel

Otherwise perhaps your employer will either reimburse you for their portion on this occasion or you settle that portion of the corporate credit card bill yourself directly. Certainly my previous employers would have been fine with either if it wasn’t a regular thing

Will in SJC 25 posts

Thanks will try a travel agent. Our corporate travel agent- Reed + MacKay- are saying they can’t do it, which sounds wrong to me. Reimbursement is slightly tricky due to our internal structure and cost centers.

SamG 1,644 posts

Thanks will try a travel agent. Our corporate travel agent- Reed + MacKay- are saying they can’t do it, which sounds wrong to me. Reimbursement is slightly tricky due to our internal structure and cost centers.

When I used Concur for expenses I could have split the charge – either put the whole thing on my corporate card and mark a portion as personal and settle direct, or pay myself and submit the correct portion in Concur manually accordingly. Either way my cost center would only have seen the correct amount.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.