Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Star Alliance Gold via Amex Plat Shangri La > KrisFlyer route?

• ScafidiTravels 2 posts

If you have the Amex Platinum Card, you have automatic Gold status with Shangri-La Golden Circle (called ‘Jade’ instead of Gold).

You can then match your Golden Circle Jade status to KrisFlyer Silver

I know you then used to be able to upgrade your status to KrisFlyer Elite Gold by taking three Singapore Airlines flights within four months of your status match (for example, see here: https://www.pointhacks.com.au/krisflyer/golden-circle-partnership/ or here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/01/17/get-singapore-airlines-silver-from-amex-platinum/).

Is this still possible? I asked the online chat help on KrisFlyer and they did not seem to have heard of this. I have the potential to do this in a few weeks while in Indonesia, but don’t want to pay extra to fly Singapore Airlines three times if they’re not going to upgrade me to Gold!

Guernsey Globetrotter 585 posts

This link is still live:
    http://infinitejourneys.com/en/faq.html#register-tier-matching
    See in particular the answer to the penultimate faq re KrisFlyer Gold status:
    If you are a Shangri-La Circle Jade or Diamond member, you are eligible to register for a KrisFlyer Elite status match. Upon successful registration for a membership status match benefit, you will receive a complimentary upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Silver.

If you are a Shangri-La Circle Jade member, you can enjoy an accelerated upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Gold simply by flying three times on Singapore Airlines in any booking class except ‘G’ (Group fares) within four months of registration. Award and codeshare flights are not eligible for this accelerated upgrade. Miles earned from the qualifying flights must be credited to your KrisFlyer membership account first to be eligible for the accelerated upgrade.

If you are Shangri-La Circle Diamond member, you can enjoy an accelerated upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Gold by simply flying once on Singapore Airlines in any booking class except ‘G’ within four months of registration. Award and codeshare flights are not eligible for this accelerated upgrade. Miles earned from the qualifying flight must be credited to your KrisFlyer membership account first to be eligible for the accelerated upgrade.

Pangolin 106 posts

I thought that Amex Plat no longer gave Shangri-La Jade?

memesweeper 1,243 posts

I thought that Amex Plat no longer gave Shangri-La Jade?

Correct. I suspect some long-standing Plats might still have it… ? But check your Shangri-La account before getting excited.

Guernsey Globetrotter 585 posts

Yes, my Jade status with Shangri-La Circle runs to the end of this year so hopefully the OP is in the same boat and then still has time to do this on their up-coming trip!

George K 288 posts

I’m in the same boat, and ideally I wanted to get this done earlier, but also want to get the three flights done and dusted by the end of this year.. hopefully there’s nothing flimsy about it, as I equally don’t want to go out of my way with SQ only to be sold a lemon…

SamG 1,639 posts

I did it a couple of years ago, worked fine

EDB99 32 posts

Brag: I did the 3 flights in December 2019. Took them until some time in January 2020 to switch my status to Gold.

Have been benefitting from the C19 extensions since. Expect to have the matched status until the end of February 2024. Will be the last Kreisflyer cohort to get a C19 extension in Feb of next year.

Markjanes 7 posts

I was looking at this route to Star Alliance Gold, in view of the new Amex Platinum upgrade bonus – until I realised that Amex had dropped the Shangri-La hotel status benefit! I’d intended to make use of the Singapore Airlines 5th freedom route between Milan and Barcelona to get my three flight segments for the status challenge. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.