Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• MaukSW9 7 posts

I am new on this forum, so forgive me my possible ignorance. I have been a BA executive member for the last 15 years. Most of those years Silver and the last 4 years Gold.
    Many of you will understand that I am ready to abandon my loyalty to British Airways in favor of Flying Blue. It would be great to do this through a ‘status match’.
    Can I approach Air France and offer them my infidelity to BA and ask for a status match? Or should I wait for an opportunity to arise?
    I am very keen to leave BA Executive Club.

Froggee 901 posts

You can certainly ask Air France but according to Statusmatcher they tend to deny.

In the mean time, on the off chance you fancy a trip to Italy, you could try ITA which is also Skyteam.

https://www.ita-airways.com/en_gb/volare/promotions.html

However ITA are still new to Skyteam and feedback has been it’s a bit hit or miss whether status benefits are matched with partners.

ChrisC 956 posts

have a look at the status matcher website to see how much luck other people have had tying to match BA

But you don’t need an invitation from another airline to stop flying BA. Just stop flying BA!

MaukSW9 7 posts

Thanks for your replies: very helpful. I wasn’t aware of a statusmatch website.
    ITA is good suggestion.

Mikeact 232 posts

@MaukSW9.You will be waiting forever ,particularly out of the UK. If fact as someone who knows most of the Premium UK members, I have yet to hear of anyone who was status matched with BA, apart from a UK business with strong Netherlands connections.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.