Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Suite Night Award options in Doha?

• Adil 1 post

Hi,

Looking to book 5 nights from 27th Dec – 1st in Doha and trying to make use of my Suite Night Awards but seems none of the reservations I’ve tried to make as eligible.

Aware Ritz are excluded but I’ve tried booking the standard flexible rate at St Regis, JW Marriott, Le Meridien and Sheraton and none were eligible. Do none of the Doha properties participate or is there a black out date issue? Anyone had any success redeeming SNAs in Doha before?

bungalow 178 posts

You don’t say what status you have with Marriott, but for what it’s worth I stayed at Sheraton Doha last month as Platinum. I booked an entry level room for 5 nights (points 5for4), and whilst they didn’t upgrade me to a suite, I was given a room one category below a Junior Suite, resort/sea view side of the pyramid (best), lounge access, and an excellent full breakfast at the main buffet. I usually prefer a suite myself as the wife is a light sleeper and is prone to making coffee early in the morning, but this room was quite large, especially as the sitting/coffee area is down a few stairs “below” the main bedroom level with direct access to the balcony.
    Quirky, but worked well for us. Personally I would be very happy to take the same room again and save my suite nights for somewhere else.

WaynedP 258 posts

Sufficiently related to avoid starting a new thread …

Any idea what to expect from a successfully confirmed Suite Night Award bid at Four Points by Sheraton in Doha ?

Classic double (lowest room type) booked for 12,000 MB Points, which I thought was a bargain but price for (admittedly mid week) showing as a relatively modest £83 so doesn’t seem to be outsize redemption value to my mind.

But am expecting the suite upgrade to make the push for Platinum last year worthwhile, unless anyone has contradictory feedback.

meta 1,425 posts

When you apply a Suite Night Award you need to specify which rooms you are fine with. Sometimes they only offer rooms within the same category.

Your confirmation email will also specify which room you got and it will reflect very shortly in the reservation.

I now only select the highest category available as otherwise the system will allocate the lowest category selected. I have one experience with that which was enough where I got upgraded to just a room with a slightly better view.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.