Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Any supplementary credit cards which let you set spend limits?

• grtatyork 2 posts

Hi fellow HfPers, I’ve been looking for a card provider that can offer supplementary cards so that:
    – They are under my account, I pay and carry the risk, get points if any etc
    – I can manage limits for each of the supplementary cards

Typical use case is giving a card for allowance or expenses to school-age children, helpers, etc. Amex seems to offer as many supplementary cards as I want but there is no way to set limits for each, so kids could in theory bankrupt us easily (they seem keen on the idea!). HSBC rolled eyes and offer to send forms to create full accounts for each user. Going through FAQs in Curve or similar yields nothing. Any ideas?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

On Amex Business cards, you can set a limit on supplementary cards. I’ve never seen a similar feature on personal Amex cards which I agree is a bit of a missed opportunity.

Talay 31 posts

I’ve asked for this previously from Amex, Creation, Barclays, HSBC and Nationwide and you’d think, I’d asked them to sell me their granny !

I just took out the BA Business Amex so I will ask them.

I’ve just checked online and there is no place to manage the secondary card member limits online. Truly this must be so simple to organise, manage, review, change etc.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.