Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Swapping supplementary card holder

• RonnieB 288 posts

I’d like to swap out Mrs B who currently has the free supplementary Platinum and never uses it, for my daughter – so she can get benefit of Priority PAss instead. IS that possible and how easy is it to do?

Thanks

Reney 768 posts

Never done it before, but I think you just cancel Mrs B’s card and then order one for your daughter. Probably good to leave it a day in between so the system recognises the Mrs B’s one is cancelled.

Should be straightforward enough.

SamG 1,644 posts

I have done this. I did get charged but they refunded it when I pinged them on chat. Also suspect leaving it a day might well help with this

RonnieB 288 posts

I’d like to swap out Mrs B who currently has the free supplementary Platinum and never uses it, for my daughter – so she can get benefit of Priority PAss instead. IS that possible and how easy is it to do?

Thanks

Managed to do it on the phone today without any issue, guy was pretty helpful after the first advisor was totally hopeless, no charge as swapping out existing supplementary user. Got refused a Platinum card retention bonus (told to call back in July) but got an additional 10k for £3k spend on BAPP, so I will do that and give the BC a miss.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.