Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Targeted BA Premium credit card offer for 35,000 bonus points

• JoanneS 7 posts

Hello,

I have received an email offer from BA for the premium credit card with a sign up bonus of 35,000. I have been waiting for a bonus offer the premium card and was waiting for the head for points emails, but it’s not mentioned in today’s so I assume it’s a targeted offer. Is it a good bonus offer? Currently we’re waiting for my husbands card year on the free card to reset so our spending isn’t going towards a voucher. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Reney 766 posts

It can get to 40k plus a bit of top up if referred so 35k is certainly not the best it can be. The last time wasn’t even that long ago, you can search through the archives. I suspect will come again if you are willing to wait.

I didn’t wait as I had a lot of spend coming up so went for it but plat referral by player 2 was 24k so that help make up the difference.

yorkieflyer 259 posts

Wow 350k points!

NorthernLass 7,567 posts

Can’t find the offer – shame as my 2 years is up tomorrow!

rahaney 44 posts

Think you need to edit the title 😉 35k not 350k?!

Vikingvicki 5 posts

Hi there,

I’ve also had the targeted BAPP offer this week, and I have a question I’m hoping someone more numbers savvy can answer for me.
    I fly solo, so up until this offer BA Amex has not been for me as I don’t need a companion voucher, but the offer is now that I can get 50% off Avios redemptions, is that as good as the Barclays Avios upgrade voucher? I’m eligible for both now, and was going to go for the Barclaycard, but the higher Avios reward is tempting even though it’s not a big difference, but my main concern is whether the 50% off is better than an upgrade voucher?

Reney 766 posts

I recently redeemed 3 Business class returned LHR to SFO, one seat using Barclays voucher and 2 using the Amex one. The Barclays one end up costing in avios something like 2.5k more and same tax. So the amex one is cheaper, I think I redeemed off peak? The maths will differ depending on which route you redeem and peak or off peak. I understand that for routes that qualify for reward saver the amex one is always better but I don’t quite understand it having never redeemed it.

If you fly business class the amex voucher opens I class seat which the Barclays one does not, the extra availability is considered to be very valuable. I can’t remember if the Barclays one allows ex UK departure but wor

ooking into it if that is something that you do, as amex one allows it. The one thing I would say add is that the Barclays one can be used on someone else but the Amex one can’t and that’s useful for me.

By the way the Barclays one had an uplift to 50k sign up bonus before and amex to 40k I would consider waiting. Sounds like you can meet the 10k spend at least once a year?so why wouldn’t you get one card do the 10k earn the voucher then close and get the other one? I.e rotate between the 2 cards then you can always have a voucher and keep getting bonuses?

MoneyNeverSleeps 5 posts

Applied and received my BAPP around 6 weeks ago via a promo email sent via the BAEC – 40,000 bonus Avios for £3,000 spend in 3 months.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.