Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Radisson Rewards “The New Radisson Rewards is Coming Soon”

• Chas 143 posts

They seem to be moving to a dynamic redemption model, and reducing from 4 tiers to 3 which I presume will lead to a watering down of benefits, despite the stated aim to improve the programme…. Looks like it is going to be an Accor type scheme with a fixed price per point, as you can combine any amount of points with cash. Time to burn the points I’ve got.

E-mail received this morning:

“Hello CHAS,
    Get ready for the new Radisson Rewards! Our new program is created to give you greater flexibility, more relevant advantages, and more exclusive rewards. Why? Because we want you to fully enjoy your benefits as a Radisson Rewards member! We won’t give anything away, but here’s a little peek at what you can expect.
    Life is about to get more rewarding”

Clicking on a link then throws up the following:

“Radisson Rewards

Radisson Hotel Group is refreshing its loyalty program, Radisson Rewards, to provide special experiences that will make members feel even more appreciated, while also making it simple to access a world of exclusive advantages at RHG Hotels throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific.

Faster access to exclusive VIP benefits

Our new program will be created with a completely new approach to loyalty in mind. The enhancements are meant to make it easier to earn and redeem points, improving upon traditional loyalty programs. Existing members will benefit from a simplified tier structure, which will be reduced from four to three tiers so you can elevate your tier status more quickly and unlock benefits faster. Members will be able to use their points exactly how and when they would like with a new dynamic redemption model. Enjoy more flexibility—choose how many points to spend on an Award Night, combine any amount points with cash to use for room bookings acting as a discount, or even use points to pay for hotel services during your stay at check-out.

Even more generous benefits for Radisson Rewards members

Radisson Rewards aspires to be the most generous and rewarding program in the industry, providing its members with benefits such as our Member Only Rate, room upgrades, and discounts on food and beverages in hotel bars and restaurants making each stay even more rewarding. Top tier members receive additional benefits such as free breakfast, access to exclusive VIP areas, early check-in and late check-out, as well as complimentary free nights.

Our new program includes Radisson Rewards for Bookers and Planners, which offers a streamlined, integrated booking experience. Professional bookers and event planners can explore new opportunities to collect points while making reservations or planning trips. Travel industry professionals can now share their points with other members, use them to reserve meeting and event venues, and earn more points when they refer a new member thanks to the program’s increased flexibility.

Your new Radisson Rewards program is on its way!”

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Yes, heard about this from Amex because whatever you get free with Platinum, it won’t be called Gold much longer.

As this is dynamic redemption, you can be pretty sure that there will be zero value in transferring from Amex going forward.

dundj 80 posts

Yes, heard about this from Amex because whatever you get free with Platinum, it won’t be called Gold much longer.

As this is dynamic redemption, you can be pretty sure that there will be zero value in transferring from Amex going forward.

Assuming that will mean the middle of the three tiers rather than the top tier status then.

Chas 143 posts

Shame, as could get some decent value via Radisson, as you pointed out in a recent article.

The Savage Squirrel 567 posts

Yes, sad times if it plays out as expected. I stay in London a few times a year and AmexMR -> Radisson has generally been the best value way to fund those stays via points – stayed at a fair number of the Radisson properties in London now as a result, and they’ve all been more than acceptable. Ah well, bye-bye Radisson. Glad I just-by-chance burned my entire points pile sorting out several rooms for a group stay last month.

tw33ty 186 posts

Unless I’m missing more information than the few not very detailed paragraphs in the email link, I think we’re jumping to conclusions a bit early.

We just need to wait and see how it plays out.

Chas 143 posts

What are your views now tw33ty……?!

Skywalker 693 posts

Unless I’m missing more information than the few not very detailed paragraphs in the email link, I think we’re jumping to conclusions a bit early.

👀

Chas 143 posts

👀

😂

TarmoThomas 1 post

There’s one more unpleasant adjustment to the programme. One used to earn points based on the total invoice (amount in USD x points) before the change.

I, as their premium tier member, paid 900€/905USD for my Berlin weekend stay two weeks ago and initially received only 6.388 points (appr 7 pts/USD). After contacting their agent I received additional 7.471 discretionary points – so in total 13.859 points, appr. 14,6 pts/USD, not even close to the 27 pts/USD as per their new T&C.

What I learned from their agent I was in touch with yesterday was, “according to Radisson Reward Policy the points are added according to the base price of the revenue not the total price.”

I will further investigate the reasons behind this and post my findings.

tw33ty 186 posts

What are your views now tw33ty……?!

Views are now that my once loved secondary loyalty program, is now dead to me.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.