Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Tier points on a reward flight upgraded using CC reward voucher

• singgn 6 posts

Hello, I’ve a question about the correct tier points that should be credited for a reward flight I’ve just taken. I originally booked in premium (P), paying the required points and taxes. When there was availability in Upper (G) on the outbound flight, I redeemed half of a VA Rewards+ CC reward voucher to upgrade. So I only paid the difference in taxes for the higher cabin. When there was availability in Upper for the return flight, I did the same again using the remaining half of the reward voucher. So, in essence, I paid taxes for Upper but points for Premium and used a reward voucher. My question is, what tier points should I be earning on this booking? 50+50 or 100+100? Having read the FC T&C, this scenario isn’t covered. Thanks in advance.

davefl 1,217 posts

I did this earlier in the year, it’s 100+100 and I got silver as a result of crossing the 300 point threshold.

singgn 6 posts

I thought that might be the case. Oddly, I got 100 for the way out but only 50 on the way back. So, totally inconsistent.

davefl 1,217 posts

Sounds like an error, if you’re on Twitter DM @VirginAtlantic with your booking ref and full name/DOB and see if you can get them to fix it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.