Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• Mick S 271 posts

anyone else received Tier points for a reward booking with a 2-4-1 voucher?

I’ve been blue for years, as all my booking are avios, either with Lloyds upgrade voucher or Amex 2-4-1. Just been upgraded to Bronze having received 180 Tier points.

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

It’s been mentioned a few times, it’s some sort of IT glitch, which BA may decide to correct if too much attention is drawn to it!

Mick S 271 posts

haha, been out of the game for a couple of weeks with my travelling.

might try and sneak another flight in, try and get to silver while the glitch is going 🙂

ChrisC 956 posts

It’s been mentioned a few times, it’s some sort of IT glitch, which BA may decide to correct if too much attention is drawn to it!

As I said the other day when someone wlese mentioned it this sort of glitch has been going on for years usually when a previous reward booking is rebooked into a revenue bucket but also in some other situations as well.

BA have had years to sort this out but the cost of devising a workable solution to stop it happening is likely to far outweigh the cost of the avios and TPs awarded.

NorthernLass 7,464 posts

Well – our recent trip to BOS definitely wasn’t a re-booking – it was booked on the phone by a You First agent so maybe that’s the trick?!

yonasl 952 posts

Thankfully BA doesn’t seem to read this much or they would have improved so many of their services based on our constant feedback!

Mick S 271 posts

I’m half tempted to complain to BA. 🙂
    1 of the flights shown on my statement shows Tier points and Avios points (even though its shouldnt) but it’s not been added to my balance.

The other 2 flights show the points and these are actually reflected in my balance.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.