Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Tirana, Albania doable in early February?

• EDB99 32 posts

So I have a booking at the Hilton Garden Inn Tirana for early February. The hotel web site states they are currently closed but are taking future reservations. Does not look too promising (fortunately, I’ve got a semi-flex rate) TBH.

Being fully vaccinated, I take it I meet the entry requirements. From what I could find via Google, it looks like Albania is on some sort of semi lockdown. I’m reading about nighttime curfews, strict capacity controls on public events, limited service in hotels and restaurants, etc.

Honestly, making this thread because the info I found wasn’t too detailed. Does anybody here have a clearer picture? If so, do you suggest cancelling the trip?

Peggerz 101 posts

Hi @EDB99.
    I am a big fan of Albania, having visited the Adriatic coast beaches/historic sites etc about 4 years ago and had a trip to Tirana cancelled due to Covid in 2020.
    If you are fully vaccinated then you are fine for entry. The US CDC are recommending citizens don’t visit presently because of rising infection rates, but these rates do appear to be lower than many other countries atm. There was a nighttime curfew -11pm to 5am I think – over Christmas period, but it’s not clear if this is still ongoing.
    My main thought was that it may be cold and wet in Tirana for a February visit, but each to their own……

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.