Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Toronto: chances of First opening up?

• dst87 263 posts

I’ve got an open-jaw trip booked to Montreal and returning from Toronto in Club World in April.

I keep checking the seat map for the remote hope that Club Suite might suddenly appear, but one thing I noticed is that the Toronto > London flight seat map starts at row 6, suggesting a First Class cabin on the flight – no First Class tickets are being sold for cash, and First wasn’t a redemption option when I booked last year.

What are the chances of First opening up, and what are the chances of being able to upgrade my redemption if they do (i.e. what are the chances some of the seats will be available for redemption)?

ChrisC 956 posts

I wouldn’t hold out any hope of them selling F for cash or redemptions if they haven’t opened it up for sale already. Was Toronto ever an F route in the past? It could just be a placer plane until close to departure date and they allocate something else

Depending on sales they may open up F for FLUB (f seat but club service) but only if club is over sold – and that would only happen very shortly before departure date.

dst87 263 posts

Fair enough! Seems strange to have a First Class cabin on the flight that isn’t being sold, but if there’s a chance of a last-minute equipment change I suppose that makes a lot of sense.

FLUB sounds great – I haven’t heard of this. No idea how full the flight will be. I’m partly hoping “not too full” because I’m hoping husband and I can get a window pair but I don’t want to pay the rip-off charge to reserve a seat.

NorthernLass 7,474 posts

One of the GCM services has an F cabin which is only used for overspill (we flew in it on our last trip in 2019 – refusing to pay for CW seats certainly paid off that time!)

If you’re desperate to travel in F, you could probably re-book to fly home from an east coast US city like BOS, a few of them have a couple of days per week where F is released for avios bookings.

dst87 263 posts

Oh, not desperate at all. I’ve done it before flying back from DFW. But if it’s available I’d upgrade. CW meets me needs perfectly well. 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.