Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Radisson Rewards Transfer points to Radisson Americas, and then gift to charity

• AnotherUser 181 posts

If I transfer my Radisson Row points to my Radisson Americas account, can I then transfer them to a US charity’s Radisson account (so they can spend them)? I won’t be in the US for a while, and if possible I’d like a good cause to get decent value from the points

AnotherUser 181 posts

Bump. Will this be a PITA to do, or just not getting replies because it’s a very quiet forum/a dull question?

The Savage Squirrel 570 posts

It’s very niche and very odd. Is there really a genuine charity that has requested donations of US Radisson points?

A lot of faff for a negligible end result. With the “upgraded” ROW scheme, it’s pants, but you can at least use modest numbers of points to get a simple cash discount off your next stay. Just do that and give the cash saved to any charity of your choice?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

You can donate them to charities from your Radisson EMEA account, eg https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/rewards/redeem/donation – no need to move to US account.

Remember that points are worth 0.2p each now off your next cash booking so you may get more value holding them for your next booking.

AnotherUser 181 posts

Very niche and very odd seems like a fair description of me 🙂 The charity I had in mind would have been happy to receive them (always scrabbling around to fund attendance at events etc) but this is a small charity I’ve worked with before – they don’t campaign for donations in the form of points/free hotel nights, but would be pleased to get them.

Sounds like it would be too much hassle. I’m assuming donating points to charity via Radisson doesn’t give great value, so I’ll go with using them on my next booking then donating the cash.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.